A fresh claim has surfaced about Deepika Padukone’s exit from Prabhas’ upcoming film Spirit. Pranay Reddy Vanga, the brother of the film’s producer and director Sandeep Reddy Vanga, claimed in an interview with NTV that Deepika was dropped from the project. According to him, the actress had asked for a substantial fee along with a 10% share of the film’s profits. When the makers did not agree to these terms and began considering other options, he alleged that details about the film’s story and her character were leaked. ‘Demanded 10% profit share, then leaked the story’ Pranay Reddy Vanga claimed that his brother, Sandeep Reddy Vanga, had been in talks with Deepika for nearly a year and a half about casting her in the film. However, he alleged that the actress demanded a higher fee along with a 10% share of the film’s profits. According to Pranay, the demand did not fit within the makers’ budget. He further claimed that when the team began considering another actress for the role, details of the film’s plot were leaked. Pranay said that Sandeep was deeply upset over the alleged leak. ‘What kind of feminism is this? leaking the story?’ In the interview, Pranay Reddy Vanga appeared to take a swipe at Deepika without naming her directly. He said that when filmmakers narrate a story to an actor, it is based on complete trust and an unspoken understanding between both sides. Pranay questioned how leaking the story of a film, which the makers had worked on for years, could be justified in the name of feminism. He also referred to the alleged belittling of a young actor. Following Deepika’s exit from Spirit, Triptii Dimri was cast opposite Prabhas. Meanwhile, Deepika has maintained a different stance on the controversy. In a 2025 interview with CNBC-TV18, she said that she prefers to fight her battles quietly, but added that, for some reason, things eventually come out. Clash with Salman Khan’s film on Eid 2027 Amid the ongoing controversy, the makers of Spirit have also announced the film’s release date. The action film, starring Prabhas and Triptii Dimri, is set to hit theatres on March 5, 2027, coinciding with Eid. The release is expected to result in a major box-office clash. Salman Khan and Nayanthara’s upcoming film, currently referred to as SVC 63, is also scheduled for an Eid release. Directed by Vamshi Paidipally and produced by Dil Raju, the film is reportedly being developed under the tentative title Monster.